Well, here it is! My last blogpost of high school in the eCommunication program. (Senti I know)
My last project consisted of a mock music video cover of Matt and Kim's "Let's Go." The video is a spinoff of awkward family photos... you can easily tell the two artists don't really take themselves too seriously. We attempted to replicate most of the outfits, but it turned out pretty sloppy. We also tried to use the green screen, but with our subpar lighting, keying didn't work out too well on final cut, so we had to leave a lot of the green in.
To begin, we studied the video closely and delegated the outfits to recreate. We then recruited the RFC crew to serve as our "awkward family photo victims." We had to instruct them how to mimic the movements and sing the lyrics in some shots.
This was one of my first experiences with the green screen, and I learned that uniform lighting is extremely important to make FinalCut key correctly.
I would use more cooperative actors in the future. Unsurprisingly, shooting during 7th hour with senior boys allowed them to skip both class and our production instead of helping us out! :'(
I like that we took on this challenge. The amount of actors and exact outfits we had to replicate was a lot of work, but at least we ended up with a mildly entertaining outcome.
I will take the green screen skills, and improve next time with the lighting.
Final thoughts...
THIS WAS A MESS BUT I'M GRADUATING IN 4 DAYS WHOOP!
haley
No comments:
Post a Comment