In all honesty, I feel as if the shots done in my video were mostly done very poorly according to the examples. These images were quite difficult to capture because of the unusual movement with the camera. In retrospect, I considered my cinematography, and I'm coming to realize that I rely too much on editing in my projects. The beauty of film comes from the composition of shots... not necessarily the color balance or order of edit.
Out of these compositions, I struggled the most with Focus Transition and Overexpose Fade, Underexpose Fade. Playing with the ISO and exposure didn't exactly work out for me, so I tried to make up for the shabby camera work in Final Cut, and it just didn't workout as planned. The techniques were also very similar, and debating between the two was pretty confusing. They should've been clear enough to figure out once we imported the footage, but we couldn't even differentiate.
My favorite shot of the ten was undoubtedly the sleepover. The spinning keeps the shot suspenseful despite the lack of movement from the actors. It can allude to nearing death or beauty, and the shot really drew me in. Examples that come to mind are always of sleeping people, and the spinning gives off an idea of uneasiness in the dream or thought, and as a viewer, I always anticipate the opening of the eyes in some sort of fear or discomfort. It is such a simple way to reveal fear or love is within a character.
No comments:
Post a Comment